This event repeats every week forever
High Quality Cycle Racing Coaching for 8-12 Year Olds from i-Team;s Portsmouth School of Cycle Racing - If you can already ride a bike well, we’ll show you how to race it!
i-Team.cc's PORTSMOUTH SCHOOL OF CYCLE RACING is proud of it’s professional & friendly reputation. All our volunteer coaches & helpers are CRB Checked, our coaches are qualified to British Cycling Levels 1, 2 or 3 and have a valid first aid certificate. Since 2003 P.S.o.C.R. has organising weekly sessions that are open to all clubs, gathering together some of the most capeable Youth and Junior riders for race specific conditioning, technique and tactical sessions.
Our coaching is always delivered in a progressive way, in accordance with British Cycling Guidelines, with a big focus on having fun and developing skills, speed and endurance in a safe and controlled environment.
WHAT: 350m closed road circuit
WHERE: Reserved Area, Park & Ride Portsmouth, PO2 8AN
WHO: Members of local cycling clubs & guests – Beginner to Intermediate
WHY: We have lost the use of the Mountbatten Centre velodrome over the winterof 2016/17 while the lighting is upgraded and Portsmouth City Council have come to our rescue by granting us a license to use a section of the Portsmouth Park & Ride Facility.
HOW MUCH: £3 per session payable on the night
WHEN: Friday Evenings:
6-7pm (under 12's) – learn skills whilst having fun
ELIGIBILITY & PAYMENT:
- All Existing P.S.o.C.R. registered riders are welcome to attend but please ensure complete a new parental consent form with you - see information below to download and print off a copy
- Coaching costs £3 per session (please bring the correct change with you)
- If you prefer you can pay for 3 months at £30 - please present a cheque payable to 'Portsmouth School of Cycle Racing' at signing on.
- N.B. Always check our Twitter Feed before travelling for session feedback and in case of any last miute cancellations
- Please read through all of the information on the P.S.o.C.R. Home Page
- Check out our Facebook Page and YouTube Channel for pictures and videos of what our sessions look like
- For details of other regular coaching sessions at the Mountbatten Centre, check out the Mountbatten Centre Coaching Group Facebook Page
DOWNLOADS - PLEASE READ AND DIGEST:
- Parental Consent.pdf
- Parents Code of Condect.pdf
- Rider Code of Conduct.pdf
Riders Take Part at Their Own Risk! - If in Doubt, Ask!