Engage / Contribute / Benefit...
Whether you like to cycle solo, or as part of a group, you can take an active role in our club and benefit from being a member. As is always the case with any organisation or club, you may need to make some form of initial commitment to maximise what you get back in return. To get the most out of being a member of i-Team, you ideally should try to stay in touch with other members either using the member's web areas or by taking part in club rides when possible. i-Team is definitely a club that rewards do-ers!
Membership Benefits For All...
- Membership of an active, friendly and professionally run club - with a proven track record for providing a quality cycling club service for members since 2003. Accredited with Sport England Clubmark & British Cycling Go-Ride status
- Affiliated to British Cycling, Cycling Time Trials, & more - so that you can represent i-Team.cc in races and organised cycling events, wherever you live in the U.K. or Worldwide
- Access to organised Club Rides - Only members can regularly take part in club rides and activities - (non members are allowed a maximum of 3 rides to make up their minds if we are the right club for them before joining)
- Purchase our exclusive professionally designed, pro-team quality club clothing - as previously worn by riders like Dani King, Jon Dibben and Joe Truman - stand out from the crowd and make a statement that you are proud to be a club cyclist
- A Cycling Club Social Network that predates Facebook & Twitter - Uniquely to i-Team - everyone uses their real names and photos, so it is easy to get to know everyone online, ready for when you meet them out on the road - Interact and ask questions and receive qualified answers from experienced and helpful team mates, including our British Cycling qualified club coaches.
- British Cycling Qualified Coaches - Save time and money by talking to our British Cycling Level 1, 2, & 3 Qualified Coaches before you purchase that expensive set of wheels, or start following that training program you've downloaded from a source on the net (how can the source know what is right for you - why do tennis players, track & field athletes, pro cyclists etc. have coaches?)
Types of i-Team.cc Membership...
- Full Standard Senior Membership (£25) - i.e. you intend to ride with other members - and/or you intend to take part in British Cycling sanctioned Races and Events - N.B. i-Team.cc MUST be your only or 'First Claim' cycling club
- Concessionary Membership (£10) - i.e. you are under 18 years of age or over 65, or on limited income (unemployed or full-time student) - you intend to ride with other members - and/or you intend to take part in British Cycling sanctioned Races and Events - N.B. i-Team.cc MUST be your only or 'First Claim' cycling club
- Family Membership (£1.50 when purchased with a Full Membership ) - For non-racing members who are close family of Full Standard Members - N.B. It is strongly recommended that this is added to under 18's membership so that a parent can access club forums to check for upcoming events, access feedback from coaching sessions etc.
- Associate Membership (£15) - For non-riding members (but sometimes this is made available for former members etc, who want to maintain links and ride with ride with their former club - please contact us and we will get back to you ASAP
Joining i-Team is now easier than ever before..
N.B. Please remember we are a real cycling club and not part of a corporation. As such, we have to comply with British Cycling guidelines and make certain checks before your membership can be finalised - you are not simply purchasing an online product.
In simple terms we ask that all our members commit to i-Team.cc being their main (also known as 'First Claim') club, agree to follow some sensible guidelines and rules and we think most importantly, ensure that they take out British Cycling membership to ensure adequate 3rd, party insurance.
N.B. If you haven't been a member of British Cycling before - you can get discounted memberships for being a member of i-Team.cc - see this link: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubs/membership
Individual, and Family Memberships - Example Total Costs Including British Cycling Membership
You are a single adult member over 18, who wants to race or regulalry take part in i-Team.cc club runs, chaingangs, training rides etc.
- You will need to pay £25 for i-Team membership and £45 for British Cycling Race Silver membership - total £70.00 (price correct of 01/01/2020 - see Britsh Cycling Website to confirm)
- Or if you do not intend to race. you will need to pay £25 for i-Team membership and £41 for British Cycling Race Ride membership - total £65.00 (price correct of 01/01/2020 - see Britsh Cycling Website to confirm)
- Both options mean that for less than £1.35 per week, you get the opportunity of being able to ride with your club at least once a week and/or compete for your club, plus having the peace of mind of being adequately insured whilst cycling
- N.B. For Full Membership, i-Team.cc must be your main ('First Claim') club
You are a single adult member over 18, who does not have access to club rides in the Portsmouth Area and wants to be part of our online club community and represent our club in Sportives:
- You will need to pay £15 for i-Team.cc Associate Membership and £41.00 for British Cycling Ride membership - total £56.00 (price correct of 01/01/2020 - see Britsh Cycling Website to confirm)
- That's £1.08 per week, for the opportunity of being able to ride occasionaly with your club when you can and/or having the peace of mind from being adequately insured whilst cycling
You are over 18 and you and your partner and 2 children want to accompany you on some club rides with other members (maybe your children also want to race for i-Team.cc as well):
- Purchase Full Senior Membership for £25.00
- Plus 3x Partner / Family Membership £1.50
- Total = £29.50
- Add British Cycling Individual Ride / Race / Young People memebership as required
You are not a cyclist yourself but your 14 year old child want's to race:
- Purchase i-Team.cc Youth Membership for £10.00 (includes one non-riding Associate Membership for a parent)
- Purchase British Cycling British Cycling Youth Memebrship From £25
- Total: £35.00 for both of you to be members of i-Team.cc, plus your child can race & and be adequately insured whilst cycling
You are over 65, Full Time Student or experiencing financial difficulties:
- Please contact us (in confidence) to discuss
The following flow chart outlines the overall process (click to enlarge)
If you have any enquiries - please contact us and we will get back to you ASAP
Terms & Conditions...
- All members must agree to read & abide by our Membership Guidelines & Rules
- All members must agree to read & abide by our Child Protection Policy (attached below)
- If you plan to take part in any group rides or coaching sessions you are requested to become familiar with the i-Team Group Riding Guide
- All members must agree to join i-Team and take part in any events at their own risk and not hold i-Team as a club, or other members liable for any loss or injury
- To remain a member, British Cycling membership with 3rd Party Liability Insurance must be up to date
- If your membership subscription is not renewed by 31st January in the year that it is due, your membership will lapse, and you will not be eligible to ride with other members on club rides, or access the members website. If we do not hear from you by June 1st., you will be deemed to have left the club and we will delete your membership profile and you may not be eligible to take part in club rides and events
- N.B. With the exception of 'Associate / Family Membership' i-Team.cc must be your first ‘claim club’ (i.e. you don’t race for another club and then expect to benefit from our club rides, coaching sessions, chain gangs, or training rides,)
Edited by Guy_Watson